The Menstuff group was created as an alternative for the previously successful Make Him Over group. When a small number of designers and bloggers in the men’s fashion community learned that the Make Him Over group was to close we decided to join forces and gather as many of the previous designers and members together to continue on the long tradition of great information and hunts that the Make Him Over group gave us.
The Menstuff group is intended to be a full service group for menswear designers to provide Second Life members with information on their newest releases and sales, as well as organising a number of events, hunts and other activities as a way to give back to their customers.
While a number of other groups have also been created for the same purpose, we intend to do our utmost to make Menstuff the best group for men in SL. We welcome casual group chat and advice on styles and clothing. We will not support any kind of intolerance of others. As it’s been said many times, this is a no drama group… and we mean it.
If you haven’t joined up yet, you can find us in world by searching for Menstuff under groups or from any participating designers or members profile. Menstuff is an open enrollment group and will remain so.
We look forward to you joining us.
The Menstuff in-world group is fairly easy going. There’s generally a lot of casual chat taking place between members as well as regular group notices advertising new releases and events that our members may be interested in. We do, however, have a few guidelines that we would appreciate you follow as either a member or a designer in the Menstuff group.
- You are allowed two notices per week.
- You must have placed a Menstuff group inviter at your mainstore.
- Do not spam group chat.
- When participating in The Menstuff Hunt, you must have your gift out on time or you may lose your place in the hunt.
- Do not advertise another group or hunt in Menstuff.
Group Chat Guidelines
- Group chat is allowed. But please, respect all the members as you want to be respected. Do not break TOS rules under any circumstances. Do not make discriminatory comments (racism of any kind, religion, politics, sexual orientation). It will not be tolerated. If you have questions, you can check the Second Life TOS.
- It is ok to talk about diverse subjects in the group, but please use common sense. If you don’t want to participate of the chat conversation, you are free to close the window. Please do not complain about other group members chatting . If someone asks for help, help if you can. This group is here to help each other.
- Do not ever pass items in the chat. Do not ask for hair, clothes, shoes anything. If you need something, ask for landmarks, suggestions and so on. Do not distribute items in the group. We don’t support content theft and we respect creators. If caught passing ripped items you will be banned from the group and Abuse Reported to Linden Lab.
- No Spam, announcements of lucky chairs, Midnight Mania, other hunts etc., in the chat. There are specific groups for that.
- We share this group with almost 300 designers be respectful and do not complain about a gift that a designer is offering to the group. It is rude, impolite and totally unnecessary. If you do not like the gift, just delete it.
- During hunts, please do not give exact gift locations or paste SURLS giving exact locations in the group or local chat. You may be banned from the store and ejected from the group.